This article will give you a detailed idea of the necessary steps to be taken for planning a perfect Trip to Manali. We will cover all the points like Best Season, Best Hotels, Best Route, Budget, Itinerary, bagpack, etc. Read my article on the importance of traveling.
Basic info 🙂
Manali is a beautiful and mesmerizing town situated in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India.
Manali, which is near the valley’s terminus, is one of Himachal Pradesh’s and the world’s most popular tourist destinations. Manali is associated with rivers and bird music, orchards, woods, and majestic snow-capped mountains.
A historic trade route that crosses the Rohtang and Baralacha passes travels across Ladakh and Kashmir via Lahaul and links with Spiti via a diverging road that really begins in Manali.
Currently, automobile links are available up to Kaza in Lahul & Spiti, Pangi Valley in Chamba, and Leh in Jammu & Kashmir. During the summer, there are frequent bus connections from Manali to these locations.
It is located 45 kilometers away from Kullu. lets plan trip to manali with us!!
- Start from your base location to get to Delhi. You have various options to get to Delhi. You can opt for Flights or trains. By flight, you will arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport, and by train, you will arrive at Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station.
- After reaching one of the above locations, you will take a cab/taxi to Majnu ka Tila where you will have to board a Volvo bus to Manali. Mostly all buses start the journey at 6 PM. This journey will be an overnight journey and will cost you around 1600Rs to 1900Rs
- Day 1: You will reach Manali around 7AM – 10AM in the morning. You will depart at a private bus stand in Manali from where you can take a taxi/cab to get to your hotel. Some buses also depart at mall road in Town Centre.
- Activities : (Day 1) Shopping on mall road
- Places to visit : (Day 1) Hadimba Devi temple, Manu temple, Vashist temple, Nature Park.
- Places to eat : (Day 1) Southen Souls cafe, Nirvana cafe, Manali Momos.
- Day 2: Solang Valley / Rohtang Pass: After a nice and heavy breakfast at Taste Of India, We will start our journey to The Famous on Instagram, Rohtang Pass(duration: 2-3Hrs). While going to Solang Valley / Rohtang Pass you will need a Snow dress, Snow boots, and woolen socks. There are many shops on the way to Solang Valley where you can rent this combo for around 200-250 per day. You can cover Jogni waterfalls while going to or returning from Solang. This will the best part of your plan trip to manali.
- Activities : (Day 2) Paragliding, Skiing, Zorbing ball, Quad biking, Snowmobiling, Solang Valley ropeway(Gondola), Visit Jogni waterfalls
- Places to visit : (Day 2) An Ice Shivling at a 2 Km distance From Solang Valley activity park.
- Places to eat : (Day 2) RideIn Cafe(Lunch or dinner while returning).
- Day 3: Sethan is a hidden gem in Manali that every adventurist should visit. You can take jeeps from mall road to Sethan or tell your hotel receptionist a day prior. They can arrange vehicles for you. It can cost you around 1500-2000/vehicle.
- Activities to do in Sethan: Snowboarding, Bouldering, treks and hikes, and Night Skies.
- Places to Stay: Igloo stays(3000/day), Camping tents(1000/day)
- Places to Eat: Taste of India(Breakfast), Kalzang Dhaba(Lunch, Dinner)
Download the itinerary we prefer – Click here
How to get there?
A trip to Manali is an adventure from the start of your journey. the fun won’t just start when you reach there but it will start when you start your journey.
Manali is well connected with roads, trains, and flights. We will give the best options for budgeted travelers, couples, and group travelers.
How to reach Manali from Delhi
Air travel is the best option if you are on a tight schedule. there are many airports connecting Manali. you can book your flights to Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi as it would be a cheaper option than Bhuntar Airport because of the difference in the frequency of flights.
Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport.
By Trains :
Best Train Option: Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station in Delhi has a high frequency of trains from around India. Most of the tourists opt for the trains as they are very affordable and relaxing. There are many private as well as government transport available from Delhi to Manali with fares starting from 1200RS to 2000RS.
From Delhi (540km), Ambala (370km), Chandigarh (305km), and Dehradun (227km).
This was the answer to your question- How to reach Manali from Delhi?
Where to stay?
Manali offers all types of accommodation facilities for all types of tourists. We have picked the best for you below.
Group Travellers: Hostels include bunk beds as well as double bedrooms. Prices may differ accordingly.
- Zostel (600rs/day)
- keekoo manali(600Rs/day)
- TheVagabound Manali(500/day)
Couples/Family Travellers: Hotels are a slightly more expensive option than hostels, but extra money comes with extra facilities for couples and families. The below prices are for 2 adults and 1 room.
- Hotel Greenfields(1000-1400/night)
- Nature Valley Resort (2500/night)
- Woodrock Luxury Boutique Hotel (5000/night)
Where to eat?
Manali’s food culture and taste are exquisite and mouth-flooding. I don’t remember a single day that I didn’t experience this feeling in Manali. We have picked the best places to eat so you can also have such an amazing experience!!
- Manali Momos (Mall Road)
- Chopsticks(Mall Road)
- Aashiana Restaurant (Budgeted but tasty) (Mall Road)
- The Corner House Restaurant(Mall Road)
- Johnsons Bar (Mall Road)
- La Pino’s Pizza (Mall Road)
- Lucknow Biryani and Kabab’s (Mall Road)
- The Taste Of India (Best Budgeted) (Leh Manali Highway)
- RideIn Cafe (Personal Fav)
What to wear?
It’s so obvious, as this trip to Manali wouldn’t be a hot one so zip up your jackets!!
To get the best photos and not look fat in those Huge jackets, the trick is inner thermals. Always wear inner thermals so you can shred off some layers. Trust me you would look fabulous. Below is the list of clothes you might want to put on your list for your perfect trip to Manali.
- Inner thermals
- Gloves, Muffler
- Woollens hats, caps, Beagies
- Pair of socks
- Tshirts, Fleece Jackets and sweatshirts
- Jeans and Trousers
Best Time to Visit
Manali is absolute bliss in the winter which attracts so many tourists. The best time for a plan trip to Manali will be between November and February. So lets plan trip to Manali together!!
Let’s start packing stuff!! Below are the things to consider packing for perfect and hassle-free travel.
- First Aid Kit
- Electronics(Charger,Power Bank,etc)
The last and the most essential part of the plan trip to manali. For Your convenience, i have calculated the budget for every type of traveler.
- Base Location to Manali – 800Rs by train + 1200Rs by HRTC(Himachal Pradesh Road Transport)
- Food: 300/day
- Stay: 600/day for Hostels, 900 Rs/day for Hotels
- Travel: Manali to Solang Bus (50Rs/head), Manali to Sethan(2000/Cab- split by 4)
Total Budget (3 Days) = 7500Rs /traveler
Non-Budgeted Traveller :
Total: Above 7500Rs/Traveller
Enjoy your trip to Manali!!
How much does it cost for a Manali trip?
For budgeted traveller(3 days) – 7500 rs
For a luxurious trip – 15000rs to 50000rs
Which is the best month to go to Manali?
November to February.
How much does a 4 person trip to Manali cost?
It depends on the number of adults and number of days. If you are traveling as four adults and for 5 days exclusive of travel time. Then it will cost you around 14k/person. So total, 56k rs for a 5 day trip to manali in peak season.