This article will give you a detailed idea of the necessary steps to be taken for planning a perfect Trip to Kasol. We will cover all the points like Best Season, Best Hotels, Best Route, Budget, Itinerary, bagpack, etc. Read my article on the importance of traveling.
Basic info 🙂
Kasol, a hill village in the Parvati Valley on the road to the pilgrim town of Manikaran, is referred to be the “little Israel” of Himachal Pradesh. At a height of 1640 m, it is situated 42 kilometers to the east of Kullu.
Due to its picturesque valley, unspoiled mountains, and fantastic climate all year round, Kasol is a great destination for hikers, backpackers, and environment lovers.
It serves as a crucial starting point for hikes to SarPass, Yanker Pass, Pin Parbati Pass, and Khiriganga.
Recent Israeli tourists have caused a boom in restaurants, hotels, and retail outlets that cater to their demands.
Young Israelis in need of a break after their conscription to the military can find one in Kasol.
Given the magnitude of the Israeli population, it is scarcely surprising.
- Start from your base location to get to Delhi. You have various options to get to Delhi. You can opt for Flights or trains. By flight, you will arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport and by train, you will arrive at Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station. You can also take a train to Chandigarh and start your bus/cab journey to Kasol.
- After reaching one of the destinations above, you can take any Manali/Kullu bound cab/bus and get off at Bhuntar. There are many HRTC, private buses from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu and Manali. You can ask the Bus conductor to inform you when you reach Bhuntar.
- Delhi to Bhuntar(Total distance – 565 KM, Total Duration-12Hrs)
- From Bhuntar you will need to take a cab to Kasol, which will take around 3-4 HRS.
- Day 1: You might reach to the destination by afternoon or in the pre-evening. You will depart at a private bus stand from where you can take a taxi/cab to get to your hotel. Most of the hotels/Hostels are within walking distance.
- Activities : (Day 1) Explore Kasol Local Market.
- Places to eat : (Day 1) Moondance Cafe.
- Day 2: Get Up early for a visit to Manikarnan Gurudwara. Make sure you take a bath in the Hot water spring at Manikarnan as the water is supposed to have medicinal properties for the skin. Must try the Langar(Food in gurdwara). It is mouthwatering and delicious.
- Activities : (Day 2) Trek to Chalal, Trek to Malana, Trek to Tosh.
- Places to visit : (Day 2) Manikarnan Gurudwara,Kasol Nature Park.
- Places to eat : (Day 2) The evergreen cafe, The Happy Uncle (Do try – Afghani Momos)
- Day 3: Trek to Kheerganga. One of the most well-known treks in Himachal Pradesh is the Kheerganga Trek. It takes you through some gorgeous pathways and is located at a height of 2950 meters above sea level in the Parvati Valley. As there is no prerequisite for the Kheerganga trek, it is one of the most incredible treks in Himachal for novices.
- Take a cab from Kasol to Barshaini. Barshaini is the starting point of the Kheerganga Trek. If you are planning to do a complete trek you will have to stay in camps at the top of Kheerganga. You can book tents in Barshaini and they will also provide a guide. 1500/person(Tents/Dinner included).
- Activities to do Kheerganga: Camping, Hot water springs, Visit Kartikeya Temple.
- Places to Stay: Camping tents(1000/day)
- Places to Eat: Plenty of cafes on the route. Morning Return Breakfast- Apple Garden cafe. (Barshaini)
How to reach Kasol !!
A trip to Kasol is an adventure from the start of your journey. the fun won’t just start when you reach there but it will start when you start your journey itself.
Kasol is well connected with roads, trains, and flights. We will give the best options for budgeted travelers, couples, and group travelers.
Air travel is the best option if you are on a tight schedule. there are many airports connecting Kasol. you can book your flights to Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi as it would be a cheaper option than Bhuntar Airport because of the difference in the frequency of flights.
Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport.
By Trains :
Best Train Option: Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station in Delhi has a high frequency of trains from around India. Most of the tourists opt for the trains as they are very affordable and relaxing. There are many private as well as government transport available from Delhi to Bhuntar with fares starting from 1200RS to 2000RS.
From Delhi (571km), Ambala (321), Chandigarh (286), and Dehradun (431km).
Hotels in Kasol !!
Manali offers all types of accommodation facilities for all types of tourists. We have picked the best for you below.
Group Travellers: Hostels include bunk beds as well as double bedrooms. Prices may differ accordingly.
- Whoopers Hostel(600rs/day)
- The Hosteller(600Rs/day)
- Kabila camps(800/day)
- zostel (600-900/day)
Couples/Family Travellers: Hotels are a slightly more expensive option than hostels, but extra money comes with extra facilities for couples and families. The below prices are for 2 adults and 1 room.
- Hotel Purnima riverside(1000-1400/night)
- the hillside villa (2500/night)
Where to eat
Kasol’s food culture and taste are exquisite and mouth-flooding. Must try Italian and Mexican food here. I don’t remember a single day that I didn’t experience this feeling in Kasol. We have picked the best places to eat so you can also have such a fantastic experience!!
- The Evergreen Cafe (Kasol, Budget-friendly)
- Moondance Cafe (Kasol)
- The Happy Uncle (Veg Momos)
- The Lalit’s Kitchen (Kasol)
- Apple Garden Cafe(Barshaini)
- Riverview Cafe(Kasol)
- Off-limits Cafe(Kasol)
What to wear
It’s so obvious, as this trip to Kasol wouldn’t be a hot one, so zip up your jackets!!
To get the best photos and not look fat in those Huge jackets, the trick is inner thermals. Always wear inner thermals so you can shred off some layers. Trust me you would look fabulous. Below is the list of clothes you might want to put on your list for your perfect trip to Kasol.
- Inner thermals
- Gloves, Muffler
- Woollens hats, caps, Beagies
- Pair of socks
- Tshirts, Fleece Jackets and sweatshirts
- Jeans and Trousers
- Trekking Shoes
Best Time to Visit – kasol temperature
Kasol is absolute bliss in the winter which attracts so many tourists. The best time for a trip will be between November and February. Tempreture is around 6 to 13 degrees in November to february.
Let’s start packing stuff!! Below are the things to consider packing for perfect and hassle-free travel.
- First Aid Kit
- Electronics(Charger,Power Bank,etc)
The last and the most essential part of the trip!!! For Your convenience, i have calculated the budget for every type of traveler.
Budget trip to kasol:
- Base Location to Kasol- 800Rs by train + 1200Rs by HRTC(Himachal Pradesh Road Transport)
- Food: 400/day
- Stay: 600/day for Hostels, 900 Rs/day for Hotels
- Travel: Bhuntar to Kasol Cab/Bus(100-500Rs/head)
- Kasol to Barshaini Bus/Cab([100rs-Bus]/1000/Cab- split by 4)
Total Budget (3 Days) = 7000Rs /traveler
Non-Budgeted Traveller :
Total: Above 8000Rs/Traveller
Enjoy your trip!!